Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Most Un-Heroic President and General

Reprised for Pastor Terry Jones's Koran-burning on the anniversary of 9/11...From A Show of Hands: A Cautionary Tale of Heroes in Exile...Did I call it, or did I call it? (click images to enlarge.)

Blow up American buildings and lives, you get to build a mosque on the grave site. Speak up against it, and you're suddenly an enemy of the State. As an American, I say that Obama, General Petraeus, and anyone else asking us to cave in to Islam can suck it. Seriously, to say that exercising one's free speech will endanger the troops is paramount to treason, IMHO. And most un-heroic; soldiers are there for that very reason, to defend our freedoms. Whatever happened to "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it?"

Jones is not my ally (more on that in my next post), but on this, I have to defend his right to free speech, and I will. People in the Middle East burn American flags and presidential effigies at will. The President is attacking this Christian pastor, yet "artists" here are tax-payer funded for exhibits like Piss Christ...I, an atheist, am offended at such blatant hypocrisy. I have to hold my nose to do so, mind you.

Free speech applies to all, like it or not. And if America wont' defend it at home, then it's all over.

0 comments: