Thursday, October 1, 2009

New Series: Heroism in Horror

Over the course of the month of October I've taken it upon myself to discuss a type of heroism that doesn't get mentioned very often. In fact, an argument could be made that the heroism of which I plan to write doesn't even have a place in any sort of moral hierarchy.

This series will be my sole focus here throughout the month of October. It seems fitting, since October is the month of Halloween, and Halloween is often synonymous with horror. Another reason it seems fitting is that the first topic of discussion will be Ayn Rand's novel
We the Living, set in the early days of Lenin/Stalin's Russia.

I hope to give everyone some food for thought with this series and this is all I have to say until my first entry is ready.

0 comments: