Friday, February 20, 2009

Capitalist Heroes: Rick Santelli and the Chicago Tea Party

 Atlas is shrugging: CNBC's Rick Santelli has made quite a stir with his call for a "Chicago Tea Party" in July as a reaction to the Obamanation's stimulus package. I've been saying it for years, myself! But Rick, an admitted "Ayn Rand-er," has put himself on the line by firing, to my ears, the first "shot heard 'round the world" for a return of laissez-faire capitalism. He's already being trashed by the White House as "not knowing what he's talking about," but we know what that really means: they're scared. And so, Mr. Santelli is our Capitalist Hero of the Day. Let CNBC know what you think here. 


And Rick's reaction to the White House: spot on. "I'm not a fan of decaf, I think I'll have some tea." Brilliant.

0 comments: