Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Ultimate TV Show...

For the ultimate individualist...

"I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A PERSON!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29JewlGsYxs

The Prisoner, made for only one 17 episode stretch and broadcast before I was even born, still inspires me to this day. For those not familiar with British Sci-
Fi (and like many of the better British Science Fiction programs, The Prisoner made its way into some very interesting comics), this amazing program was the brainchild largely of lead actor and writer and occasional director Mr. Patrick McGoohan. I don't think there is another television show I have found which quite matches the heroism and individualism in this series.

"Number Six," the hero, is, much like a theme of this site, in 'exile' as is individualism in heroes today.

If there are any other Babylonians who have been inspired by television shows with similar themes, I'd like to hear about them.


Michael
Vardoulis

0 comments: